At the end of 2006, the current Management Committee decided to put in place a period of fund raising in order to completely modernise and up-date our Hall.
The Village Hall Lottery was started in December 2006 and throughout 2007 events were organised to raise funds. These events were in addition to applications for Grants from different sources. The result was that by the end of 2007 we were in a position to start work on a major refurbishment scheme which together cost around £47,000.
A new floor was laid following some flooding and by the end of 2009 we could boast the following alterations, additions and improvements:
* Complete new floor
* New toilets including facilities for the disabled
* Two new small Meeting Rooms
* Partition doors to divide off the Main Hall from the adjacent Jubilee Room
* Re-decorated throughout * 100 new and very comfortable chairs
* New folding plastic topped tables and a trolley to move them around the Hall
* Full Sound System installed * Hearing Loop installed
* Entrance Ramp to newly widened front door for easy access with wheelchairs
* All new internal lighting. Lighting in the main hall is to full gymnasium standards
* New fitted cupboards in the kitchen * Several items of new cutlery and crockery
* Refurbished Stage and curtains with a small ‘Green Room’
* A 20ft Container was purchased in order to keep some of the many items of spare furniture etc
* The entire flat roof was replaced following leaks that appeared in the early part of 2009
The Management Committee invite you to take a look at the refurbished Hall which we believe offers the best overall facilities of any Village Hall in the area. There is a large grassed area and big car park. Hire Rates are very competitive and include all lighting, gas for the kitchen and central heating when applicable.